What is integrated digital marketing?
It is an approach that banks on the need for integration of all marketing efforts in terms of:
- Direct marketing
- Public relations
- Sales promotion
- Social media
All of these together with a wide range of strategies integrated digital marketing aims to offer a seamless and excellent customer interaction. Its primary goal is to achieve consistency on all forms of contents over different channels with the main consideration of target customers.
When is integrated digital marketing said to be effective?
It can only be successful when the following situations are achieved:
- When the campaign focuses on a strong brand.
- When communication throughout channels is consistent but most of all clear.
- When the same look and feel are maintained across platforms.
- When promotion makes use of both digital as well as traditional form of media.
Why is there a need for integration?
In this day and age where consumer behavior has changed as influenced by technology, businesses are forced to integrate all aspects of business for better customer experience.
Integration is critical most especially on the online market given that experts of the industry are highly specialized in their fields of expertise that usually leads to seclusions of working environments that can further result to segmented approaches. The need to closely work together has become more relevant as ever to come up with an integrated and collective marketing approach. Working separately by specializations or departments without having to get together and discuss a unified effort will be hard for a brand to achieve that needed consistency and seamless customer experience.
How to facilitate an integrated working environment?
Normally in the online industry, if you are to succeed, you will be working with various specialists like:
- SEO and many others
Since these are a bunch of people, high coordination is necessary to achieve the integration you want. While you may think it will be difficult to find a way for these experts to work together, you just have to find the perfect fit so you can benefit from the synergy. Here are some of the ways:
- Data accessibility for everyone involved
- Team lead to provide direction
- Open communication lines
- Clear individual and team roles
- Clear expectations and results
The need for planning on the onset
Like any other business endeavor, planning is a critical phase to ensure success. Here are the most important things to do in the planning phase:
- Be clear on what you really want to achieve. Refine your objective and this will be your guide. Example: Increase conversion by 20% by end of 2017.
- How will you achieve your objective? Here, you have to know the strategies to pursue to get you what you want.
- How will you measure success? Identify your key performance indicators. Depending on the platform you pursue, you may have differing KPIs. Example:
- number retweets
- number of shares
- number of followers
- Search rankings
- Organic search and many others.
What are some marketing integration tips?
- In all the phases of your integrated marketing campaign, you must be grounded on how your end user will react. Never lose focus on this because if you do, then everything will be useless. Remember that there are many aspects you need to deal with and it’s easy to lose sight of the very basic- your customers.
- Draw out a plan to guide you. With the plan, it is important that you remain flexible about it as there are many instances when you have to adjust your plans according to what is practical and realistic.
- To achieve integration, teamwork is critical. Collaboration can never be achieved without teamwork. Everyone in the team must know their roles and what they are contributing to the greater picture.
- Assess periodically because it is likewise important to have a good grasp of what you have achieved and have yet to achieve.
Customer experience is what online businesses are competing for. This can only be possible with an integrated digital marketing approach.