When you bring your business online, it is almost automatic that you want to be everywhere your target audience are- the main reason why a lot of businesses are present in various social media platforms. Having to be in these various platforms is challenging because you need to monitor how you are doing in many places and be able to use the data you can gather to your best advantage.
Why is target audience important?
Knowing your target audience better than anyone gives you the competitive advantage. Data gathering plays an important role. This is where a tool such as Google Analytics becomes really valuable. It gives you the ability to get to know your audience more in terms which social media platform is bringing you more website visitors and much more!
Discover how Google Analytics can help in social media marketing campaigns
Regardless of your business size Google Analytics is highly relevant for you mainly because it is capable of giving you critical data relating to your website activities. The word analytics may seem to impress upon us that it is complicated. Well, here is the good news! It is easy to use and set up and most of all, it’s for free.
To avoid being overwhelmed with the data it would really help that you set your goal so that you will know what relevant data to look for.
What to look into when you want to know if your campaign is effective
Being able to monitor audience and acquisition, you will be able to evaluate three areas that are extremely important in a social media marketing campaign and these are:
- Which social media platform you should be spending more time and effort.
- If your brand messaging is bringing you traffic or not
- If your social media campaign is targeting the audience that visits your site.
What audience section offers you
The audience section is where you can better understand the composition of the people visiting your site in terms of
- Mobile devices
It is also here that you will get an idea how visitors learn or get to visit your site.
Demographics and Geo
- Knowing the demographics of your audience will allow you to post relevant contents that appeal to them.
- Knowing the age of your visitors will let you know which social media platform they hang out more. For example people who frequent Snapchat are those in age bracket between 18 and 24.
- Giving time to analyze age of your visitors will also give you an idea for content and the platforms they are the most comfortable with.
- Knowing which gender frequents your website will allow you to decide on the kind of messaging as well as the tone of your contents. Remember that there are messaging tones that are more appealing to men and women. If you want to connect with the people who visit your site, you must be able to identify the majority.
- It is best to know from where majority of your visitors are from to better position your campaigns to these locations and thus minimizing expenses on paid ad campaigns apart from saving time.
What is the importance of knowing which platform the majority of your web visitors are coming from?
This has an implication where you should concentrate your ads and thus giving you to wisely spend on advertisements.
Why the need to adjust strategies
When you have gathered information regarding demographics, location and the channel that is bringing the most traffic, you must be able to adjust your strategies that are most suited to the group of people and platform they hang out.
Being in social media can bring success in your business. However to ensure success, like any other business endeavor, your steps must be calibrated and Google Analytics can be a very useful tool.